Tuesday 14 May 2013

Safely Arrived in Bangkok!


After a long, tiring, and uncomfortable 23 hour journey from Toronto to Bangkok via Toyko, we finally made it!


Our journey began at Toronto Pearson International Airport's Maple Leaf Lounge, where we anxiously waited for our departure. During our time at the lounge, we enjoyed complimentary pastries, fresh fruit, lunch, snacks, and alcoholic beverages, yum! The perfect combination of goodies before our long flight!



Fortunately for us, the plane ride to Toyko wasn't full, so Steven and I shared a row of three seats for the two of us! Despite the extra space, the flight was very long and uncomfortable for me. After six hours into the flight, I started to feel antsy and bored. Additionally, the dry air caused me to have a stuffy nose and headache throughout the plane ride! Silly me, I forgot to pack tylenol and airborne on my carry-on.



Once we arrived at Narita Airport in Japan, we decided to grab some sushi! We purchased a small sushi platter for 1,500¥ (approx. $15 USD), which was "okay." Steven and I both agree that we've tried much better sushi in Toronto! Looks like we'll have to revisit Toyko another time to try authentic sushi elsewhere (outside the airport)!


From Toyko, our flight to Bangkok went by much quicker. Steven and I managed to get some rest for a couple hours and our local arrival time was around 11:20pm.

Now, we are settled into our hotel, Marvin Suites, and thinking about getting some rest! We're not sure what our plan is for tomorrow, but we'll be sure to keep you posted!


P.S The Leafs won Game 6 of the playoffs! Steven was complaining about missing the game on the plane ride,haha! Already thinking about home!

Posted by Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment